Air Options was approached to see if we could assist for a new installation for a bare shell and core premises, requiring a full HVAC design and installation.
Initially we requested floor layouts so we would have a general idea of the space / requirements and layout, also to allow us to review possible scope, with the building comprising ground floor and basement areas.
We recommended that the building was fitted with a Heat Recovery Ventilation unit (HRV), this would offer both fresh air supply as well as stale air removal (Extract) which would be a requirement from building control for the basement area, given occupancy and no openable windows or natural ventilation.
To offer full temperature control the indoor systems comprised both wall mounted and 4-way cassette type units (950×950 as well as 600×600 compact versions), selected based upon loadings and airflow requirements.
After reviewing the scheme we recommended that the package installed was manufactured by Samsung, comprising VRF (DVM) units / Commercial (CAC) units and ERV Ventilation units having several key factors:
- Latest “compact” Heat Recovery VRF System, offering an extremely compact outdoor solution.
- Reduced height indoor HRV unit allowing for fitment within areas of reduced ceiling height.
- Latest “Windfree” indoor cassettes significantly reducing drafts at setpoint via the “micro holes” and closing the louvres reducing fan speeds.
- Reduced quantity of outdoor units when compared to traditional 1-1 “split” systems.
- Improved energy efficiency via the Heat Recovery Technology.