Air Options was appointed to undertake the replacement and refurbishment of the majority of the HVAC systems with an existing building for a new tennat prior to them taking occupancy.
The new systems where supplied and installed to take into account the tenants office and specific layout requirements to include specialist production and manufacturing facilities.
Works involved the initial site level validation and assessment of existing services so all parties had a understanding of the existing as found condition including water samples and analysis allowing for a cost assessment to be undertaken for each element.
It was found that many of the core items of plant where nearing the end of their usable lifespan with more energy efficient options being available.
- Removal and replacement of 4-pipe FCU’s offering heating and cooling.
- Redesign of internal infrastructure and layout / pipework valves and commissioning sets.
- Ductwork alterations both primary and secondary and grille alterations.
- Installation of bespoke plenums / grilles and diffusers
- Service of retained plant
- Removal and replacement of ageing roof level AHU, including specialist crane lift and assembly.
- Supply and installation of dedicated 24/7 cooling for comms room application.
- Specialist critical cooling for process applications.
- Removal and replacement of primary pumpsets.
Once completed systems where fully commissioned by Air Options and the building now benefits from:
- Warranted Replacement Plant
- Improved Plant Efficiency
- Improved Performance and Control
- Improved Long Term Reliability
- Reduction In Future Disruption